Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I'm getting so freaking pumped about this weekend's festivities--my favorite fall event--the Montpelier Hunt Races!
.

.
Every year, my family gathers in Orange, Virginia, to celebrate the season, sell some cigars, and gorge on all my mom's delicious food and drink concoctions. Whether it's overdosing on sausage balls, drinking our weight in Bloody Marys, or slathering ourselves with homemade pesto, it's always a guaranteed great time.

Plus, the weather is supposed to be gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous this weekend! Hooray! Check out some pics from previous successes...

Mom and Dad in all their glory.
.

.
The spread.
.
.
.

My parents will also be bringing their demon children (aka. the infamous Jack Russells, Harper and Dill) to defend their titles in the Jack Russell Races (and to annoy the rest of us throughout the day).

Don't be fooled by their cuteness--the devil lurks within.

So, in honor of this year's races, I'm going to attempt to make caramel apples sprinkled with nuts, Butterfinger bits, and Heath bar crumblings. Never done it before, but I feel like you can't go wrong with warm, melted candy and chunks of chocolate. Mmmm mouthwatering deliciousness.

.
Now if only I could craft the perfect fall outfit...damn you Frye boots! Throw a girl a bone and mark 'em down half off! Or 75% off! Gahh....headed to Goodwill tonight instead to hunt for hidden granny sweater treasures.

Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment