Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Stacy's Mom...

...just came on the radio. Am I in a time warp? Am I wearing my hair in a slicked-back pony tail and running shorts from the 10th grade (well, maybe I am. Some things will never change). Usually I'm a big fan of 106.1, but this is throwing me for a loop. Not cool, Stacy. Or your mom. 

Love B-Sav.
However--I have been really into this little song called Emmylou by the Swedish band First Aid Kit. It's soft and southern-y and leaves visions of Emmylou H's amazing silver locks dancing through my head. Emmylou Harris always reminds me of my mom and her crazy friend Wendy, as they put her on a pretty high pedestal when I was growing up. Can't blame a girl. She's pretty grand. 


Today was one of the first "slow" days I've had at work in a while. It was weird. I think back to my last job and how ungodly boring every aspect was and it makes me appreciate even more how much I like my new gig...even if it leaves me wanting to slice 75% of my teachers on a weekly basis. Sigh. Got to work and my boss lady had an Irish Car Bomb Cupcake waiting for me on my desk. Hello! 


Tomorrow the girls and I are headed to Continental Divide to make up for serious lost birthday time and chug a few margs/stuff our faces with drippy nachos. For some reason, I've only been to Continental after Foxfield when I've spent hours baking in the sun and Lilly Pulitzer and PBR. I mean, it always tastes great then, so I'm sure their food is fantastic!
Just 'cause you wear Lilly don't mean you classy.
T minus (I hope) two days until I have a working toilet, sink, and shower in my little house. They look pretty fly in my front yard, but I think the neighbors are starting to fret. I'm hoping that SFP CarSex can visit this weekend, but time will only tell....gotta get fancy for that hoe. 


Ok. Serious stream-of-consciousness post. Locking up and locking down. 

xoxo,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment