Friday, March 27, 2015

5 Thoughts

As spring flirts with the dogwoods, I've been feeling an itch to add a few things in my day-to-day outlook. A sort of mid-year resolution, I guess.

Journaling

The idea of keeping a large journal where I can write bits and pieces of my day or include tickets, articles, or objects that I've found seems pretty rad. I like the thought of keeping it still, in the same place, where I can add it it rather than carry it with me.

Yoga

I've been trying to find an alternative or new workout to throw into the mix, and while I typically hate yoga classes I do love a yoga bod. I'm on the hunt for a yoga class that's less chi-centering and more strength-building. Hot yoga is the shit, but it's also the expensive shit.

Natural Makeup

With more sunshine/outdoor time, I'm seriously upping my sunscreen quota and in turn changing the makeup I'm putting on my face. The more I thought about it, I realize I only buy "nice" makeup every so often...think I'll do a little research into what natural/chemical-free makeup works the best and start incorporating that instead. It's usually more pricey, but if I only buy it every few months....

Wardrobe Purge

Taking a peek into my closet is like taking a look into my high-school time capsule. I have had some of the same clothes for over 10 years now, and they've got to go. I want to slim down on the  number of nubby cotton/shitty polyester clothes that I own and replace them with a few pieces I can mix and match. Easier said than done, but it does feel good to purge.

Smoothie Challenge

Lara's convinced me to try a new Smoothie Challenge (mostly because it's free) and it starts next week. Basically, we're replacing breakfast each morning with a smoothie, and we'll be sent new recipes to try each day. I will be sad to give up my pina-colada smoothie every morning, but we'll see what this chick's got up her sleeve...

No comments:

Post a Comment