Sunday, April 22, 2012

Paint it Black -- or Nothing at All.

The day I stop scraping paint from under my fingernails, off my floor, and out of my eardrums, is the day I meet my land baron and we buy a mansion that's move-in ready. Someone please remind me that when I do find my fixer-up dream house, I should only buy it if I have enough money to pay some one to fix it up for me. I am on the brink of being finished (painting) in my little apartment -- only the steps left to go -- and I am thrilled. I always say to myself that I love painting... then 4 months into it, I realize this is so not true. 

Anyway. It looks great! You'd never believe it was the same place, and pictures really don't do it justice. There are still some little details needed to make my "office nook" perfecto, but that's the fun part. I know this much is true: the rustic "barn red" is forever gone from this place and it couldn't have happened fast enough.

Before:

Yes, that is green shag carpet! "Vintage" from the 50s. Oh lawd.

During: 


After (well, in the dark):

More paint than you can imagine to cover that mess.
I need to do an entire 'before and after' post to show my little place, but honestly, I can't take a photo that will show  you just how different it is. This place was cave cricket, stank-nasty, concrete central. Now, well, it's still got cave crickets (though not as many, thanks to Abita), but it actually looks....nice. I'll get around to it one day, don't you worry. 

Next up: find a pedestal table for my "dining room." And a barstool for this nook because I'm feeling like a hermit with that tiny chair. Onward and upward, right?!

xoxo, Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, the before and after pictures are amazing!!! Good work girl. And I love that you turned that space under the stairwell as your office nook - so creative!

    ReplyDelete