Monday, January 31, 2011

How I Will Be Spending Part of My Birthday

[Friend-of-a-friend invite sent via email...pumped beyond pumped.]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
All my single ladies!

It's almost February--and that means that Valentine's Day is right around the corner. To celebrate the love for ourselves and drinking, I will hosting the 2nd annual Valentine's Day Death Party! (Pre-game)

For those of you who were not in the small group of 7 that attended last year's bash, this party is a chance to get together with girls from all walks of rejection to commiserate on the year of failed relationships and ass hole men. Drinks will be had and Beyonce will be played, followed by the dance floor of a yet-to-be-determined bar.

For those of you in relationships--you're welcome to come and help the single ladies celebrate our fierceness and pretend you are single for the night. Just no calling, texting, special appearances, or mentions of the significant other (or any acknowledgment that you are in a happy loving relationship). Please be sensitive to our needs in these trying times, and fully commit to the theme of the party. Which brings me to my next point..

ATTIRE FOR THIS EVENT IS ALL BLACK.
(This is not a joke)


Also, you are welcome to invite any girlfriends you might have, even if I don't know them. No boys unless they are gay. Please debrief them on the important details.

If you can't make it don't worry--a party of 2 or 3 will make it that much more depressing and hilarious! But if you can, here is the info:

What: Valentine's Day Death Party
When: Saturday, February 12 at 9:00pm (to be followed by a night out)
Where: My house
Required Attire: All Black
Required Attitude: Beyonce in the Irreplaceable video, or any video from the BDay Album

Also, I will get enough liquor for everyone--but if you know me you know that I will buy the cheapest vodka available--so if you would like something classier you should prob bring your own!

XskullandcrossbonesX
Rachel (I'm clearly being productive at work)

p.s. for those of you who think I stole this idea from the movie Valentine's Day--please note that last year's inaugural party was already planned before the movie came out! haha
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment