Monday, January 10, 2011

Lemme Upgrade Ya

Sooo, this weekend my mama came up to the hell-hole of NOVA to get her thrift on at The Big Flea in Chantilly. She came up Saturday night in a blaze of glory and we immediately drove to Ikea to drool and dream and splurge until our hearts were content.

I got an ironing board. And a lamp. And two new pillowcases for my bed. And a coffee jar. Holla. Moms got a trashcan, bathroom floor rug, and some wine glasses.

We are beyond easily amused.

Yesterday we spent the entire day being flea bags. We started out the day by me thinking I'd forgotten our $2-off tickets at home, only to discover that they were sitting in my car...the entire day. FML. Whatever, I made it though with some saweet new Pyrex mixing bowls to add to my new collection (thanks to Mama Parrish and her Christmas contribution).

*These are not my bowls, per say. See below, STAT!*

Tragedy Alert: I am missing one of the bowls! I've hunted on eBay, but I'm not good at that shit, plus I'm cheap, so if any of you fools stumble upon a turquoise Pyrex mixing bowl (I think it's the 1.5 qt one), throw me a bone and pick it up!

I also got a baby pipe tobacco tin that I'm using to store my chapstick:

"Edgeworth Extra High-Grade Sliced Pipe Tobacco"
Larus & Bro. Co. Richmond, VA U.S.A


"To the consumers of high-grade tobaccos...we desire to call your special attention to EDGEWORTH TOBACCO. It is the best combination that can be made, only finest selections of leaf being used. Every box of it is guaranteed not to burn the tongue and to give satisfaction. We will cheerfully refund money to any dissatisfied customers."


Also, picked up a badass bent fork key chain holder thingy to rock my work ID, solidifying my role as coolest coworker in the land. Duh.


Then we saw the usual junk that we figured we could craft and upgrade by about 3,000% on the cool-o-meter:


Mom bought some (unintentional) potentially racially offensive artwork that she thought was cool and historic or something. You can't hold her back.  

Then, we drove home, gorged on Potbellies, watched the Beyonce DVD because I just can't get enough, and crashed. Sads to see her leave, but twas a good weekend fo sho.

Get yo-self a case of the Mondays!

No comments:

Post a Comment