Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Birds of a Feather

There are few things more satisfying than discovering a new stylist who can cut your hair well, have normal conversation, and make you look sooo pretty in less than an hour. I held strong to my man Tony of the hard NOVA streets, but he was no match for the glorious Cville hook. 

Enter: Moxie. A bunch of lovely ladies at work recommended this place, and I'm so glad they did! I doubt I would have found it otherwise, and I know I would have been rll creeped out by its warehouse, industrial, pseudo crack-house exterior. It's tucked back off Preston in a little corner next to Reids, across the street from Bodos (mmm...). I always thought it was a laundry mat--who knew?!

The walls are covered with Roy Lichtenstein-esque art; the lounge is sprinkled with funky mod chairs; and the salon is staffed by young and tattooed stylists. Also, it was packed with customers, old and young, who left looking ten times better than when they entered. I will definitely be going back, especially considering this Monday, I will work less than 1 mile away! Hip hip hooray for downtown addresses!

January loves Moxie... obviously.

xoxo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment