Sunday, October 21, 2012

Love Where You Live

I'll be the first to tell you that I. Love. Charlottesville. I am surrounded by some of the most beautiful mountains, have quick access to the ocean, get to interact with the smartest people in the country (trust me--they'll tell you), and can take a hop-skip-jump and be immersed in something historic.

This weekend was no exception, and it started on Friday. Sometime earlier this week I go the brilliant idea to ask my boss if I could take a tour/spend the day at Monticello (because I honestly haven't been there since SECOND grade and what if one of my groups wants to visit?! I need to know how to sell the product!!). Being the laid-back boss that she is, she said, "Yes of course!!" Even better--earlier this year I won two Behind-the-Scenes passes to see the upstairs of the house, so naturally I invited my wonderful mama to tag along and snoop inside Mr. Jefferson's abode. 

Friday was the perfect day to visit because a giant rain storm the night before left us this awesome spooky fog:

However, once we got through the tour, we were given beautiful sunshine and perfect fall foliage.

She's sooo pretty! 
Ole TJ knew what he was doin. 

Yesterday, I went to an adorbs baby shower for little Quinn N. She is sure to be the most fashionable baby on the block and I'm pretty pumped to see her rock her infant legwarmers. After the shower, I got a wild hair and decided I HAD TO SEE COPPER ASAP + we had a free pizza coupon that was expiring this weekend (waste not want not!) so I drove up to the VP and we gorged and drank like the good ole days. 
OMG SO EXCITED!!
It's rough around these parts. 
Some things never change...
And what better way to follow up a night of pure, unadulterated laziness? A trip to the Vineyard!


I've missed these two so...


Anything the light touches, Queen Caroline...


Obviously, another wonderful weekend under the belt. The only thing more exciting is that today is Granny's 92nd bday! All those years + a knee AND hip replacement and still lookin' fly. I'll take those genes. 

Cheers to the Weekend,
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. god. why must you always take a picture of me when i'm trying to fix that stupid chair. sigh. legit laughing out loud. love you so!

    ReplyDelete