Tuesday, June 21, 2011

You Just Gotta Keep Livin... L-I-V-I-N

Recently, I've been feeling so much better about my life. Things are lining up. Plans are in the making. My everyday going-ons are making me happy, full, creative, and sweet. Getting over my grass-is-always-greener syndrome couldn't be more fun--and what better day to realize it than the first day of summer! Slicing negativity...focusing on everything beautiful around me...and remembering exactly who I am...sounds like a brilliant plan to me. 

This morning, I rode my bike to work! Finally! It's something I've been talking and talking and talking about, but I woke up a little early, strapped on my helmet (you're welcome, Mom/Alex!), and took off (Landlady in tow, of course). It was so, so easy and I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier. However, I did take a spinning class last night and my buns are feeling like steel/my seat bones have the serious ouchies. No fun, but (butt?) sacrifices must be made!!


Also, one of my newest obsessions is...basil water! I was on my cucumber water kick for a hot minute in Blacksburg, but I'm moving on to more...adult...choices. Well, not really. I'm just growing basil in my backyard so it's FREE and my cucumbers have yet to sprout. Can't wait for them to get here but in the meantime...yum!


Also...I'm in the midst of planning an amazing, life-changing, balls-to-the-wall road trip that will take me from DC to Pennsylvania to upstate New York to Massachusetts to Rhode Island to Nantucket and beyond! Getting seriously excited about convertible-driving, scarf-wearing, sunglass-sporting adventures in the sunshine with one of my favorite women out there.


So cheers to life, love, and happiness--keep it coming my way!

xxx, Hann

No comments:

Post a Comment