Monday, October 3, 2011

Everything's So Golden Delicious

Such a good weekend--on Saturday, I headed to Carter Mountain with friends to start the season off right with some apple-picking, cider-drinking fun. I haven't been to the mountain since I was really little, so I was super excited when Eileen suggested we make a weekend out of it and head for the hills. Caroline and I drove down to Fredvegas to meet up with everyone, then we headed into Charlottesville to eat BBQ, climb trees, and stuff our faces with as many apples we could handle.

Bang-arang! CarSex could barely contain her flannel-filled excitement.


I think BBQ is a little weird to serve at an orchard, but the apple cider donuts were potent and delicious.


Just a little worm!


(Look, I know it's not a vineyard, but you get the idea.)


How you like them applez? Rob was on the hunt.


Baby Lily was a rock star and wasn't letting any leash hold her back.


Gotcha Eileen--only the trendiest apple picker out there.


Yumm, so many choices


I spy...


Teamwork.


Virginia is for lovers, see?


This was a big weekend for Caroline--she tried apples, ate tomatoes, and even drank some wine! Three cheers?

 

Later that night, we (Rob) made homemade pizzas and Yuca/Mandioca.


We had great plans to make caramel apples, but let's be real--we were in bed by 10pm. Grannies to the max.


The rest of the weekend was equally great and included such festivities as pumpkin loaves shaped like Dala horses, more crock pot sensations, breaaadddd, and the busting out of warm LLBean slippers. It was a freezing ride to work this morning. I think it's safe to say that Fall... is here.

Countdown till CC Oysterfest 2011: 4 days!

xxx, Hann

No comments:

Post a Comment