Thursday, October 6, 2011

Make Me A Bird, So I Can Fly Far, Far Away...

Ok. So. I'm back on the hunt for fabric to upholster the multiple amazing wingback chairs that I have (luckily!) inherited/bought/discovered from relatives + Goodwill. I think I'm up to 4 or 5 now, all of which are in desperate need of some fluffing, stuffing, and re-covering. I've seen so many examples of reupholstered chairs that it's a little overwhelming. Do I want traditional? Artistic? Preppy? Toile or houndstooth? Oh, the pressure... 

My first thought was to have at least one chair covered in some sort of blue and white stripe (duh). However, after seeing this photo, I'm loving the leaf-themed print and how cozy it looks next to that window.
Something about this fabric reminds my of my Aunt Margo--who was always super stylish--so maybe that's why I'm lovin' it.

I've always really liked the idea of having mismatched chairs at a big, chunky dining table. These wingys are cool, but I'm thinking you'd need a really tall table or a chair with no arms to accomplish the appropriate "scooted-in" feel. Also, I'd probably be rll stressed about spilling spaghetti sauce or lentils or red wine (winter only!) or some other tragically staining substance on them--my middle name is Grace, after all.


Mmmm...I don't know why the color yellow is always taking a bad rap. It's cheerful and bright and deliciously sunny! Look at it. So pretty... 


Ok. Obviously I was drawn to this like a squirrel to a bird feeder. However, I think it would be a bad call for me to spend (a lot) of time and money picking out swatches, figuring out the best panel placement, and mixing/matching the colors only to change my style in a year or two. Sigh. I will appreciate from a distance and harness my inner middle-school taste buds...


All right, all right. It's not exactly a wingback. But--everything about this print is pulling at my heart/purse strings.  I've always been a fan of chairs that are more long than wide. If that makes sense. Perfect leg-curling potential...


Anyway. Thursday!? Yes, it's true. Only a day left until I'm chillin' on a dirt road (kind of), stuffing my face with local seafood, jamming out to fresh playlists, gorging on Bailey's cake, and ridin' dirty (top down, chrome spinnin).

My hard-knock life...continues. 

xoxo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment