Friday, February 4, 2011

I Can Feel You from the Inside--Prowling Like the Devil that I'm Trying to Hide...

Thursday and Friday off work = insanely productive time in my life. I came home to the wonderful world of Charlottesville/the Lou and accomplished the following:

- Wined and dined at Bonefish grill with my fancy-pants accountant who "advised" me on my "assets" and got me...stocks? Um, ok.
- Celebrated the $750 purchase by Carter Beauford at Cville Smokeshop. Celeb Sighting 101 at its finest.
- Found a million vintage dresses in my Grandpa's attic. They fit! They're awesome! And my Grandma made them, so they're perfect.
- Changed the title/insurance of Hondy over to my name. Officially released from all parental assistance, hip hip hooray.
- Stumbled across an amazing thrift store find--a $15 black, long-sleeved, skin-tight, glitter Betsey Johnson mini dress. Enter Valentine's Day Death outfit!
- Got a passport for St. Kitts.
- Ran into Wren in the post office as she was mailing a letter...to me (twilight zone?).
- Found awesome fabric to reupholster my $5 thrift store wingback chair.
- Stocked up at Yoders on flax seed, oatmeal, lentils, spices, sunflower seeds, and organic milk in a reusable glass jar--yay domesticity. 
- Made homemade granola that is magically delicious.
- Discovered my dad's old bread maker.
- Strolled downtown and got a ring from my Granny sized/reset/made even more legit.
- Visited Caspari--where my ashes shall be scattered--and sufficiently drooled.
- Bought the MOST badass addition to my bookshelf...ever (see below).

*Most of my photos are still on my camera--here are some teeny ones from the ol' iPhone*

Ahh, Caspari...


Lights, colors, glass, paper, I die.


Barware heaven.


Mmm, copper lights


It's only proper to match your invitations with your napkins. 


Yes.


The most manly candelabra/Thanksgiving centerpiece evah.


Yes! Yes!


Yes x infinity. 
I will own one of these orchid pots--just gotta decide on the color. Decisions, decisions...


And finally, probably my most amazing purchase and the most defining item to be added to my bookshelf/future library...

a ZEBRA LEG!!!!!!!!!!




Yes. I bought this. It is fucking awesome and I want to die of happiness. At first, I didn't even notice this thing. I was too distracted by the bright swirly colors of the painting behind it, when suddenly I looked over and my heart strings panged and jumped and shuddered and sighed and screamed and died and said Hallelujah!! So yes, I am the owner of a zebra leg. Why you ask? Why the fuck not, I say. 

Must I point out...it's only Friday. Still to come:

1. Black tie gala/date a la Keswick country club tomorrow night
2. Rugby match with some of my best loves
3. Hanging in Richmond with the one and only WrenMo
4. Fredvegas Big Flea? Possibly.
5. Rocking out in my car to new Grace Potter on my iPod thanks to a new (free!) car projector thingy (merci, Stephen)

It's the age of Aquarius.
And I'm on my A game. 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment