Wednesday, February 16, 2011

One Day, the Internet Will Kill Us All

Today I got to work and there was an ominous sign posted to the wall stating there was a major power outage in Herndon and ALL SYSTEMS WERE DOWN AND OUTLOOK'S NOT WORKING AND WE CAN'T ACCESS ANY INFORMATION AND WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!

Now, most people in my office took this...badly. Screaming, cursing, sweating, ulcer-creating madness consumed the whole floor and reeked havoc to all in its path. However, I found this information as a source of comfort and relief--it guaranteed my morning of sitting around, reading my book, and catching up on what I do best: looking busy while crafting in my journal, writing to friends, and otherwise performing non-work-related tasks. Brilliant!

Sigh, life is rough.

I went to lunch with J + S and we pondered the idea of how much we "depend" on the Internet/cell phones/TV/technology, and how much better we would be without it (ironic that I'm musing about this via blog post? Meh). Anyway. I want to go back to the days of no TV in my house, negative cell phone obsessions, splotchy Internet connections, and more time with friends and lovers. I need a job "in the field" where I can rock some serious jorts, play in the dirt, and hold actual conversations that don't involve bitching about work (or discussing work in general). Let's get on that, people!

In the meantime, please observe this ridiculous birthday card that one of our graphic designers crafted me yesterday. When I first noticed the ribbon in the sun's hand, I was like, "Wha?" and it was quickly explained that the blue ribbon represents my love for the one and only, Pabst Blue Ribbon. Love it! Is it good, bad, or obscene that my entire office knows how much cheap beer my friends and I consume? Whatever. Living my life, god dammit! Plus, I'm rocking a VT shirt so you know I'm lookin' fly.


Booking hotels for bachlorette festivities...counting down the days till O'Keefe's blissful union (and post-wedding debauchery a la Wintergreen Resort!)

xoxo,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment