Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bathroom Humor

So I'm a little ways through Russell Baker's memoir, Growing Up, and I stumbled across a description of his experience with a rare and delightful wonder--taking a dump inside. 

Check.it.out.

"At the top of the stairs lay the miracle of plumbing. Shutting the door to be absolutely alone with it, I ran my fingers along the smooth enamel of the bathtub and glistening facet handles of the sink. The white majesty of the toilet bowl, through which gallons of water could be sent rushing by the slightest touch of a silvery level, filled me with envy. A roll of delicate paper was placed beside it. Here was luxury almost too rich to be borne by anyone whose idea of fancy toiletry was Uncle Irvey's two-hole privy and a Montgomery War catalog.

After gazing upon it as long as I dared without risking interruption by a search party, I pushed the lever and savored the supreme moment when thundering waters emptied into the bowl and vanished with a mighty gurgle."

So, in honor(?) of this passage, I thought I'd post some delicious examples of indoor plumbing that I certainly wouldn't mind having in my house. If I had a house. Anyway.

Toot-a-loo!
.


xoxo, hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment