Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mama's Day (Part Deux)

Outside the Lucketts Store are a bunch of tiny sheds that house even more goodies. Lots of old sinks, bathtubs, shutters, window panes, tables, chairs, ladders...
-
-
-
Some of the sheds had makeshift curtains blowing in the breeze...
-
-
Give me that teal dresser, thank you!
-
-
Glass-topped garden table, scrumdiddliumptious!
-
-
-
They were selling these old feed scoops for $38 which is some bullshit because we have tons and tons of these nasty things in our barn... and the old velvet riding helmets. Sitting on a GD goldmine.
-
-
This. Was. Epic. A MOSAIC WALL!!!!! It led all the way to the upstairs with stairs that looked like....
-
-
...this!!! Flower wallpapered stairs! Mosaic wall! Whoo-wee shut my mouth, smack your grandma...
-
-
More shabs heaven.
-
-
Chandeliers EVERYWHERE
-
-
Ok, so after we survived/died of happiness at the Lucketts Store, we drove down the road to one last stop, a junky junk shop called My Wits End. It was pretty cool, not my style, but whatevs.
-
-
In the upstairs of this building the ceilings were probs 6.5 feet tall, mega tiny BUT the floors were painted this awesome diamond shape that my mom swears she's going to recreate in her nasty country kitchen. We'll see if she pulls it off (obvi she will, and it will look way better than this).
-
Um, ok, so I didn't mind this chair. Meowww.
-
-
Or this one GREEN LEATHER OWCHEEEMAMA
-
-
Ok, ok, so we left Lucketts and didn't even spend a penny. Amazing? No. Cheap? Obvi. So we hightailed it back down 15 to downtown Leesburg and headed over to one of my roomies fav stores, Four Shabby Chicks.
-
-
This store is way cute in some areas, way antiquey in others, and has a lot of other shit that's expensive and smells like old ladies. BUT, it's always fun to snoop through, especially their large collection of awesome maps and old Harper's Bazaar covers and ancient textbook pages that are framed and looking fly.
-
On the same strip we went into a super adorbs place, the cottage, that had more Frenchy-type stuff that I loved and my mom poo-poohed. But, it had a really jolly owner who had a sweet accent, so it got my official stamp of awesomeness approval.
-
-
-
BREAKING NEWS: This is for my one and only faithful follower, the hot mess Julianne who is currently (I hope) gallivanting through Australia, spooning with koalas and frolicking with the kangaroos. Dude, saw this matchbox and would have totally gotten it for you duh, but it was like $45 for a box of matches and I do love you but bitch, please. Isn't it cute?! Cupcakes! Coffee! Get it?! okbye.
-
-
All in all, it was an amazing day spent with my favorite person, the one and only beautiful, crafty, creative, hilarious, weird, goofy, motherly, junky, shabby--my mom! Loves ya!
-

-
"Don't laugh at me--I taught you everything you know!!"

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I am so jealous that you two got to go to Luckett's! One of these days I'll get there. I totally love the cottage, too. I actually got her paint color from the upstairs room and painted my living room that color. As for the feed scoops, I MUST have one. Tell Mom that I'll help her paint the kitchen floor for a feed scoop!

    ReplyDelete