Thursday, September 15, 2011

Decide What to Be and Go Be It

It's Thursday, it's Thursday! Best day of the week. However....I am torn between a few weekend options, and I can't figure out which route to take.

Let's see the breakdown.

Situation 1:
I have to be in Charlottesville tomorrow during the day until 3:00. There's no escaping it, and I think I'm driving into town tomorrow morning and will arrive around 11:00am. From there I have the option of staying in town to see The Avett Brothers at the Pavilion, hanging out with my moms all weekend, farting around Charlottesville with some lovers, and in general lounging in the Central VA for all it's worth.


Situation 2:
I have to be in Charlottesville tomorrow during the day until 3:00. HOWEVER. I have also been offered tickets to see the Nationals (that's a baseball team, apparently) play downtown in some sort of corporate whore sky box that's filled to the brim with free free FREE alcohol, food, buffalo wings, chips, alcohol, free, beer, cheeze dip, hot dogs, free, alcohol, beer and the few cool people who actually work at my office.

I can haz Kevin Costner??
It's air conditioned. It's stocked. And apparently some vendor is trying to seduce my company to buy ad space, so they're shoving free Nats paraphernalia (just what I want!!) + liquor down our throats with the hopes of winning our dolla bills. You know how appealing free food + drinks + shit is to me...

Conflict:
Do I really want to spend a total of 6 hours in my car tomorrow driving to Charlottesville in the morning and then racing back at night for the game? I mean, baseball is notoriously the most boring sport ever played, and I am always happy to frolic around CVille...

Serious struggles.

Anyway. Today I'm finally using my gift certificate that I got for Christmas last year to the hoity-toity Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. Gettin' my nails did again. I'm fancy huh fo real now.

In the meantime, apparently Louisa/Mineral is in the running to have Alan Jackson (Yes, THE ALAN JACKSON OMG OMG OMG) play a free concert in town. AJ in the Jungle?? What whaaat?! Cast your vote! Give the people the glorious blond locks and skin-tight Wranglers they deserve! We've gone country, betch.

Sooo pretty--like a Cocker Spaniel personified.
Fill out that ballot and have a fabulous Thursday!
xxx, Hannah

1 comment:

  1. Correction: baseball is notoriously the most *awesome* sport ever played. Do it, do it. Sounds like a dream come true!

    ReplyDelete