Friday, August 26, 2011

Hold on to Your Britches!

Earthquakes, shmearthquakes--Aunt Irene is coming to town and she's the house guest who always leaves the toilet seat up. The last time I braced for gale-force winds and fled the scene of potential destruction, I was a wee baby freshman at Tulane and I had the pleasure(?) of camping out at one of LSU's classiest establishments...the AGR frat house. Yes, it was an interesting time in my young life--a time that included kegs and kegs of beer, homemade beignets, barefoot soccer games, and--let's be honest--a few hurricane make outs. What? I WAS LOOKING DEATH IN THE EYE! It had to be done.

Luckily, Hurricane Ivan took a turn for the better and left New Orleans unscathed, and I was forced to return to my little world of running, rules, and rich kids. Lame to the max.

But this time's different. This time we've got Irene, and although I'm nowhere near the coast, I'm not taking any chances. I'm headed south in a blazing fury to meet up with some of the most chill, fun-loving, let-the-good-times-roll former Blacksburgians on the map.

Reunion 2011 is gonna cause some serious waves on its own, and hopefully the only hurricane we encounter comes in a glass with an umbrella. I'm sure we'll celebrate our glorious union with some variation of this:
And probably four or five orders of these:
Obviously, we'll need to soothe our worries with the beer that "has the touch":
And hopefully the weekend won't result in this:
Yes, this is a PBR coffin. You can cast your own judgement on this one.
And although our plans for floating lazily down the river may be dashed, we can always cross our fingers for rapids, right?? No matter what trouble we find, it's a guaranteed good time. We've got Rockstarr, Dlock1, Aaaamazing, Kirtley, Feets, and tons more.

Sweet baby Jesus better brace himself...B&B is back in town!

xxx, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment