Thursday, August 18, 2011

That's Rhett Butler. He's from Charleston. He Has the Most Terrible Reputation...

In less than three hours, I'll be out of the office and hightailing my way down south to the wonderful, glorious, Spanish Moss-dripped heaven that is Charleston, SC! Can't wait to check out the city from a new perspective. The last time I was in town I was a mere 18 year-old crazy on a wild bachlorette weekend that culminated in topless sunroof screaming, Citadel-boy snagging, free drink shooting, and long, long naps along the Battery. We stayed at some awesome B&Bs and gorged on shrimp and grits...so obviously, the city left me with some fantastic memories to chew on.


This time around I'll be seeing with two of my favorite ladies--the fabulous Julianne and my daring copilot Eileen--so I'm sure it'll be even better. We're older, wiser?, and can afford to go out to dinner now*! On our own! Woot!


"Walking the streets of Charleston in the late afternoons of August was like walking through gauze or inhaling damaged silk."  Awesome.

I've stocked up on Pat Conroy novels and have prepared myself for waves of seersucker and pastels. Bring it, Chucktown!

xxxx, Hannah

*Not that we'll actually pay for food, b/c obviously we've stocked up on homemade pizza dough, cajun chicken alfredo, and rosemary olive garlic bread. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment