Monday, August 22, 2011

I Survived the Charleston Arsonist

God, I love the south. I love the weather, I love the trees, I love the people, I love the ocean. Back from a fantastic (but fast!) weekend in lovely South Carolina with Julianne, Eileen, and Liz. Julianne's new place is exactly how I imagined it (better, actually)--filled with light, color, art, books, coffee, trinkets, and jewels. We wandered around town and dipped into tiny bakeries, sipped sweet tea at outdoor cafes, and splurged on $1.50 PBRs at the super-cool, low-key Fuel bar. It was great to be back together in a new city and I can't wait to visit again.


We walked along the battery, visited the kick-ass Chucktown Farmer's Market (perfecting our stalking techniques, ugghhhh), shopped along King Street, went to a "sketchy" bar down an alley, listened to the upstairs Bros rock out to Baby Got Back, watched new students flood the streets, and strolled our way through loads of Spanish moss.


Cool chairs, right Mom? :)


We hit up the College of Charleston, and I tried to take at least one photo of Eileen where she didn't look like she wanted to kill me. No luck.


Grabbed some sweet treats at Sugar.


Riley got some serious Liz lovin'.


And finally, the ever-faithful companion/watchdog, Owsley.


Sad to be back in NOVA, but so happy to have the long weekend to play. Blacksburg by Friday night and I couldn't be happier...

xxx, Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment