Monday, August 8, 2011

It Was So Hot Outside, We Could Fry An Egg...

I had a great -- albeit super fast -- weekend. I spent all of Saturday soaking up the public library and flipping through magazines, checking out memoirs, and researching travel options for upcoming trips. I read a memoir (Crazy Love) by Leslie Morgan Steiner about her abusive relationship with her first husband. While it wasn't the best book I've ever read, it was one of those I couldn't put down, not even to refill my coffee or eat yet another lemon-pepper cucumber. It was sad and descriptive and at most times bleak... but those are usually my favorite kind of books, anyway.

Also, I bought this super dorky egg cooker at Williams-Sonoma that cooks your fried eggs in the shape of daisies. Awesome, I know. Let's just say I've been getting more than my fair share of protein the last couple days. Sooo cute sooo easy.

 
Next up:
Most egg-cellent. Bahaa.
Yesterday, Eileen and Rob came up so Rob could do something important downtown for law skool/life. Eileen and I bummed around the miserably hot city, grabbed some espresso, checked out Eastern Market, and had lunch/dinner (linner) at a super cute and random cafe near the Capitol. I'm getting so stoked about our trip to Charleston that's RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! I may or may not have a countdown running at work on my whiteboard for erryone to see. I'm betting hard money that J's new pad is the sickest one in town, and I'm the first to admit that I need a little Owsley lovin' in my life.

Other than the fact that I am once again battling the dreaded poison ivy, life is b-e-a-t-i-f-u-l and busy. I'm trying not to rush through August so I can enjoy every moment, even if most moments are spent  in sweltering 90+ degree heat. With Charleston, Blacksburg, and Maine on the calendar, my goal to book a new trip every weekend is shaping up nicely. Now if only the Landlady + pooch would return, life would be perfection...

xxx, Hann

1 comment:

  1. EKKKKKKKKKKK I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

    PS I totally love that egg shaper. How cute!

    ReplyDelete