Monday, August 8, 2011

Oops, I Did it Again

For as long as I can remember, I've had this "problem" of starting several new books at the same time. I try not to, but it's a curse. Once I get my hands on something good it's like literary PCP--I just want more and more and more. So I just started reading Coop. It's delicious (as in, I'm already 100 pages in and I just picked it up). Then, like any good addict, I went back to the library tonight to piddle around and search for a new fix when I found myself skimming over....

Twain's Feast: Searching for America's Last Food in the Footsteps of Samuel Clemens. 

Nooo...looks...so....good. Must check out. 

Then, as I'm feeling even more guilty at the thought of pushing Coop aside for something newer and shinier, I see...

Scout, Atticus & Boo: A Celebration of Fifty Years of To Kill a Mockingbird.

Um, hello. This was a serious call to action. I couldn't just walk by a cover like this (and yes, I definitely judge a book by its cover. So sue me.). The name of my old, hypothetical unborn child (not to mention the one and only badass Jack Russell, Scouty. Hell, and old granny Boo for that matter) was staring me in the face! I had to do something.

So I got them both. Of course. Don't get me wrong--I'm pumped to have all three books at my disposal. Sometimes I just wish I had more hours in the day to lounge around and absorb every written word around me. Where is that good-looking, wealthy land baron when I need him? I'll make him a pot roast if it will bring me endless days of hardbacks and NYT Bestsellers...

No comments:

Post a Comment